Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Slim to None

This is approximately what I look like when I'm dressed for work everyday.



Not much to look at, but I guess some women do still go for the whole business suit thing. I would have to admit that I dress a lot better than the salary I make would lead you to expect. Nevertheless, I was more than a little surprised this morning when, as I headed down the elevator with The Wife, a mildly chesty, 30-something blonde saunters in and begins to openly flirt with me. Completely disregards that I'm with The Wife. Maybe this one just has a thing for donkeys and can't help herself ... hmmmm.

But I quickly realize that this is a lose-lose situation for me. I am drawing completely dead here.

I'm happily married, so there is absolutely no chance of anything happening with the blonde. But of course The Wife is still going to make sure I hear about this little encounter ... probably for a long time to come. So even though the circumstances were completely beyond my control, and I did nothing wrong whatsoever, I am still going to be punished somehow. I didn't even get my money's worth by flirting back with the chick.

I realized that my Vegas plans are a bit of a lose-lose as well. If I play the tournament, and (likely) bust out, I may kick myself for not just playing cash games or smaller tournaments. However, if I DO play cash games and still get reamed, then I'll really kick myself for not taking a shot in the tourney. Once again, it's like if I'm going to lose I might as well get my money's worth.

Was that too much of a stretch? Did my analogy hold water? If not, no big deal. I really just wanted to try and use that donkey picture somehow ... it's just so appropriate.

No comments: