Sunday, January 7, 2007

DogWatch

I recently reported that you can use Poker Tracker with Bodog as long as you have the DogWatch hand grabber program. I’ve had a chance to use the registered version for a few sessions now and I am not disappointed.

First of all, the program currently costs $19 and I believe they accept payment through Neteller, paypal, or credit card. If you play a lot, the edge poker tracker provides will pay for this program given time.

Next, the customer support was terrific. They were quick and to the point with their responses to my email. I am used to customer or tech support people sounding like you are wasting their time but that wasn’t the case with the DogWatch team.

The program worked well enough. I haven’t suffered any of the crashes that I noticed others were mentioning in the forums. It is very easy to use once you’ve got it set up. You open DogWatch, click on the start Bodog link, and it does the rest. It automatically detects your tables and starts grabbing hands right away. Currently there isn’t tournament support but I believe they are working on getting that up and running.

The only real drawback I see with the program is that it doesn’t work with Bodog’s quickseat function. It only detects tables that you open yourself. This is annoying but I can deal with it. Also, there was a forum entry about problems with waiting lists but I believe this is a temporary problem and will be fixed relatively soon.

All in all, Dogwatch seems to be a great program if you play poker at Bodog and want to be able to use Poker Tracker with it. As with any newer program that’s still being developed, it’s not perfect but its better to deal with the growing pains then to have no program at all.

No comments: