Monday, January 15, 2007

How Could I Play This Differently? #1c

*I realize I’m mailing this in but there really isn’t much left to say.*

Previously we discussed how I should have played bottom set of 5s on an all heart board. I slow played to get more information and ended up calling a raise on what I had thought was the correct pot odds. I later realized that they weren’t.

To wrap up this hand, I continued my donkey-like play. I missed the turn and both players moved all in. They had me covered. I called because I was getting about 4:1 pot odds. That was enough to cover my misconceived chances of winning the pot with a river boat.

Of course, I missed. Small blind showed down a weak flush like I expected. However, the other guy showed down a set of aces. I was drawing to one out. Oops.

Oh well. Live and learn. Play better.

No comments: