Sunday, December 17, 2006

So Much For the Corner

I thought I had finally turned the corner and my bad run of poker was over. I had dropped all the way back down to 5 cent 10 cent no limit and had put in 4 straight winning days of that. So I figured I could move up to the next level and play there. Stupid stupid stupid. Start off doing okay. Double up on one table. Still have 10 on the others. I pick up a-k off at one of the tables and raise 4 times the big blind. 2 callers. I flop 2 over cards with a straight and flush draw including a back door royal. Both players ahead of me go all in so I'm getting about 3 to 1 for my money. I call. One guy has the king high flush draw and the other has a 5 high flush. I hit my ace but miss the flush. Down 10. Thats okay. I am still even cause I double up on the other table. Pick up A-K on the other table. Flop is A-J-x. I bet the pot. One guy check calls. Turn is a miss so I bet the pot again. He calls. River is a 2. He puts me in for my last like 4 dollars. I call. He turns over J-2 off. Down 20 now. Then I get A-K again and there is a small raise and a bunch of callers heading to me in the small blind. I push all in. Pocket 8s calls. He hits a set on the turn and I miss completely. So now I'm frustrated but I'm doing okay. I've turned $10 into $35 on the other table. I pick up pocket 7s in the blinds and call a small raise. Flop is 9-7-2. I bet, get reraised big, I reraise all in. He turns over a set of nines. Down 40. 4 buyins. Lost a total of $75 if you count the money I had made before I lost it. I hate poker at this point and I think it hates me.

No comments: