Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Victory

My first multi-table tournament win. I kind of feel like I'm the last of my friends to get laid or something. I'm happy that the day has finally arrived, but I'm a bit embarrassed that it took so long. Oh well, that's life ... and that's poker.

Normally, a tournament with a field this large (816 entrants!) would have a fatty prize for the winner. Even a $5 buy-in tourney with a 25% payout to the winner would have given me over a grand. But for freerolls ... the prizes usually aren't that spectacular. In this case, I won an entry to a $100,000 guaranteed tourney this Saturday -- basically a $216 value for my time. It's a shot. I guess it's more important to me that I got the win. For a while I was starting to doubt myself. But with the right combination of skill, patience, and luck -- I managed to do it.

I'll let you know what goes down on Saturday.

No comments: